Oh, for the love of ZOODLES! It’s time to try them in a LASAGNA type dish. So that’s just what I did here. I have made this before with spaghetti squash, so why not with ZOODLES!
First I have to share that I was inspired to make this meal because of my brand new Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer! It’s a game changer and I CAN NOT wait to slice up some more veggies with it!
4 green spiralized zucchini
1 pound of cooked ground turkey
1 jar of NO SUGAR Organic Tomato sauce (or make it home made!)
2 TBSP Plain Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3-4 cloves Garlic
1 medium onion
2 cups of fresh Spinach
3 plum tomatoes
1/2 cup grated Organic Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese – just a sprinkle to serve
After you Spiralize your zucchini:
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat until the onion is cooked. Add the cooked ground turkey and stir in your sauce. Simmer.
- Add the GREEK yogurt and stir until well blended.
- Spread a small amount of the sauce mixture on the bottom of a large glass pan.
- Layer with zucchini, fresh spinach, and more of the sauce mixture.
- Keep repeating these layers until you are finished.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover with foil. Cook at 375 degrees for 45 Minutes or until starts to bubble. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool an serve.
- You can divide this up into 6 parts to get your 21 day fix container equivalents.
21 day fix containers – 1 RED❤️, 1 GREEN💚, 1/2 BLUE 💙
served with a side salad for an extra GREEN!
ENJOY!! I know we did! And let me know how you like it!