LET'S TALK PEANUT BUTTER!
8 Health Benefits of Peanut Butter1. Suppresses Hunger For Weight LossEating peanuts and peanut butter HELPS CONTROL HUNGER without leading to weight gain.
2. Your Heart Loves PeanutsStudies found peanuts lowered the risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease.3. Lowers Colon CancerEating peanuts and peanut butter may reduce colon cancer in women.4. Helps Protect Against Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory ImpairmentA study found that those getting the most niacin from foods were 70 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease. Peanuts are one of the foods highest in niacin..5. Prevent GallstonesIn two studies, individuals eating five or more servings of nuts per week had a 25 percent to 30 percent lower risk of getting gallstones compared to those who rarely or never ate nuts. Although peanuts are technically classified as a legume, they were considered nuts for these experiments, so peanuts are actually the most commonly consumed ‘nut’ in the world.6. Full of Healthy FatAll of the fat in peanut butter is heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. A study found that insulin-resistant adults who ate a diet high in mono-saturated fat had less belly fat than people who ate more carbohydrates or saturated fat.7. Lowers Type 2 DiabetesEating peanuts can reduce the risk of diabetes according to a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.8. High in Valuable NutritionPeanut butter has protein as well as potassium — which lowers the risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease. It also contains fiber for your bowel health, healthy fats, magnesium to fortify your bones and muscles, Vitamin E and antioxidants.
Caution: Peanuts and AflatoxinPeanuts are susceptible to molds and fungus — some of which are highly toxic. A fungus called Aspergillus flavus produces a carcinogen that is twenty times more toxic than DDT, called aflatoxin. (To read all about these molds and the best way to minimize the risk, click here.)History of Peanut ButterPeanut Butter Lovers Day started on November 4, 1990. It marks the anniversary of the first patent for peanut butter, applied for by Dr. John Harvey Kellogg on November 4, 1895.
HERE ARE MY TOP 3 FAVORITES:FOUND AT MOST GROCERY STORES:
FOUND AT TRADER JOE'S:
FOUND AT ALDI:
Peanut Butter Trivia
- In the early 1900s, peanut butter was found in tea rooms as a fancy food for rich people.
- The USA has had two Presidents elected who were peanut farmers: Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
- In one acre of land, there is enough peanuts to make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches.
- Before graduating high school, the average child will have consumed 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- Women and children like creamy peanut butter and men prefer crunchy.
Best Peanut Butter to Buy:Read the label. Natural, old-fashioned organic peanut butter with no hydrogenated fats and sugar is the best. Choose peanut butter that contains only peanuts and salt. This kind is full of peanut flavor and doesn’t contain additives and is better for the environment too. Refrigerate it and turn it upside down in the fridge so the peanut oils and solids can re-mix.
For even more facts about this tasty peanut blend, check out the infographic below: TELL ME HOW YOU ENJOY PEANUT BUTTER! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR! Here's one of mine and my family's fave:
Peanut Butter Banana Roll UP
(with BJ's natural Peanut butter - another fave)
ALSO, here's a little Tip about your beloved Peanut Butter!!!Who hates having to stir their natural peanut butter the first time they use it? It's like this long, messy process, am I right? And half of it ends up all over the knife and counter and lid and your hands. Yuck!For those that buy NATURAL peanut butter you know what I am talking about!!
ENJOY THAT PEANUT BUTTER!