MAPLE CREAM PUMPKIN MUFFIN Bars
Anything stuffed with Cream Cheese, sign me up!!!
These are CLEAN Maple Cream Stuffed Pumpkin Muffin Bars! (yup say that 5 times fast)
I used a Mini Meatloaf pan and it made 8 of them, more like bars! FUNNNN!!!
2 oz. Almond Milk Cream Cheese
1 TBSP. pure maple syrup
1 LARGE egg
1 cup canned Organic Pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups Organic ALMOND FLOUR
3/4 tsp. baking soda, GF
1 dash sea salt
2 tbsp PEPITAS (aka – raw pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the muffin pan by lining with liners or coating with spray. I used canola oil spray.
- Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in a small bowl, mix really well and set aside for later.
- Combine the egg and pumpkin in a medium bowl, mix it up really well and set aside. (i know lots of bowls)
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the almond meal mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just blended, not too much.
- Spoon batter in pan, but only about 1/2 full.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Then evenly fill the top of the muffins with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle muffins evenly with the PEPITAS!
- Back for 15-20 minutes depending on oven. Mine always takes longer! Do the toothpick trick to test!
- Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool, don’t leave in the pan!
Have them anytime of day! I made them for BREAKFAST the following day, but we ended up having them for DESSERT that night!
Let me know how you like them. We may have to add DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS next time!
What will you add?