Spinach Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins had my kids and their friends asking for more, more, more more!
They absolutely loved them!!!
Here’s how you can make them!
1 cup GLUTEN FREE All purpose flour
½ cup almond flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
½ cup organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted or ¼ cup organic canola oil
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 (5 ounce) bag FRESH spinach
½ cup mashed banana (about 1 to 2 bananas)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¾ cup DARK chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners, or use a MINI Muffin pan and just spray!
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a blender, place oil, milk, maple syrup, banana, vanilla and spinach. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely puréed.
4. Pour puréed mixture into dry mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full and bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean
They asked for seconds!
Let me know how you like them?